Packed Lunch Inspiration
Packed Lunch Inspiration
Whether you’re making lunches for yourself, or the kids, it is often hard to be inspired which often results in the same old boring lunches that don’t give you much to look forward to when 12 o’clock arrives. We are about to change that with our inspiring packed lunch menu to get the working week off to a great start.
Pizza pasta salad
– 85g pasta
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp tomato pesto
– 85g plum tomato, halved
– 50g light mozzarella, cubed
– 3-4 black olives
– 4 slices salami, sliced
– Handful basil leaves
– Cook the pasta following the packets instructions and drain. Toss in the olive oil and stir in the tomato pesto – season to taste
– In a jar, place the pasta at the bottom and then add the other ingredients on top and finish with the basil – secure jar lid and take to work!
Hoisin chicken salad wrap
– 1 cooked chicken breast
– 1 medium carrot
– 1 small cucumber
– 150ml hoisin sauce
– 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
– 2 tortilla wraps
– ¼ iceberg lettuce, chopped
– Shred the chicken with two forks and then grate the carrot and slice the cucumber
– In a bowl mix together the hoisin and the mayonnaise and then spoon the mixture across the middle of each wrap. Divide the chicken between each wrap
– Top the wraps with grated cucumber, carrot and iceberg lettuce. Fold up tightly and slice in half! Wrap in cling film securely to take to the office
Apple and Sausage Filo Rolls
– 6 Good quality sausages
– 1 pink lady apple, cored and finely diced
– 50g dried breadcrumbs
– 1tbsp. fresh sage, chopped2tsp. wholegrain mustard
– 6 sheets filo pasty
– 60g butter, melted
– Preheat your oven to 180C/160Fan/Gas6
– Squeeze out sausage meat from the skins and put into a bowl with the diced apple, 25g of the breadcrumbs, sage, mustard and seasoning – mix really well with your hands
– Lay one sheet of pastry onto a clean board and brush with melted butter. Top with a second sheet of pastry and brush with butter then top with a final sheet of pastry and brush with butter one last time. Fold in half to make a long rectangle and cut into three equal small rectangles. Repeat the process with the other three sheets of pastry.
– Shape the sausage mixture into six equal sausage shapes (a little shorter than the pastry rectangles)
– On each pastry rectangle, sprinkle a little of the remaining breadcrumbs in the centre and put the sausage meat on top. Brush the exposed pastry with butter and fold the pastry up over the sausage, pressing down at the edges to enclose the sausages. Repeat with the rest of the filo pastry, meat and breadcrumbs.
– On a baking tray, place the filo rolls on there and brush with the rest of the melted butter. Lightly score each roll three times and back for around 25 minutes until golden!
Chocolate Coconut Date Bars
– 360g medjool dates, pitted
– 100g cacao powder
– 60g desiccated coconut, plus extra to sprinkle
– 30g sunflower seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
– 2 tbsp. honey
– Line a small square baking tin with greaseproof paper
– In a blender, place the medjool dates, cacao powder, desiccated coconut, sunflower seeds, honey, a pinch of salt and 2tbsp. water and blend until smooth. (it will be quite sticky so you may need to scrape the sides and pulse a few times)
– Empty out the mixture into a tray and press firmly to fill the tray evenly. Sprinkle more coconut and sunflower seeds over the top and press down gently. Place in the fridge 10 minutes before cutting the bars!
Let us know what your packed lunch favourites are on our Facebook or Twitter page!