The Perfect Pumpkin – Ideas for Halloween 2015
Halloween is fast approaching and pumpkins are taking over the shelves in every supermarket! Coming in a variety of sizes from small to ginormous the possibilities are endless for the designs that you could carve or create.
We have been getting in to the Halloween spirit here at Shoetique and have put together a little selection of our favourite pumpkin designs ranging from beginner to expert level pumpkin carver – depending on how adventurous you’re feeling. Once your carved creation is complete, pop a tea light inside and watch your pumpkin glow.
A few basic steps to begin carving your pumpkin!
- Carefully cut around the stalk of your pumpkin (start cutting approx. 3 inches away from the stalk itself depending on the size of your pumpkin).
- Take off the lid of the pumpkin and take off all the seeds and stringy bits – messy, but great for kids!
- With a large metal spoon begin scooping out the insides of the pumpkin until the walls are no bigger than 1 inch thick.
- Scoop out the lid and make sure it still fits on top of the pumpkin!
- Mark out your design on a piece of paper and pin it to the pumpkin, cut out the design with a knife using the paper as a template.
- Cut out a 1 inch hole in your lid to let the heat escape when the tea light is lit – enjoy your glowing pumpkin!
If the thought of scooping and carving is just too messy and tricky to bare then don’t worry, here are a few ideas that require no knives at all!
HEAD OVER TO OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN £100 OF SHOETIQUE VOUCHERS
Check the Shoetique.co.uk Facebook page for more details. The winner will be announced on Monday 2nd November.