Homemade Halloween – Make this year the spookiest one yet!
It’s that time of year again when we start thinking about decorating our homes with ghosts, witches and pumpkins, all in the spirit of Halloween. Taking the kids ‘trick or treating’ around your neighbour’s houses now plays a small part in the event and it is the decorations and creative food ideas which now take centre stage. The Shoetique team have been busy putting together a few tips and ideas to make your Halloween extra special and spooky this year.
Frozen Banana Ghosts
1. 200g white Chocolate
2. 4 ripe bananas
3. 85g desiccated coconut
4. Handful of chocolate chips
1. Gently melt the chocolate either slowly using the microwave or in a bowl over simmering water
2. Peel the bananas, cut them in half and push a lolly stick in to the middle of each one
3. Line a baking tray with baking parchment
4. Using a pastry brush, coat half the banana in white chocolate and sprinkle with plenty of coconut. Place on to the baking tray
5. Add chocolate eyes, mouths and eyebrows and set aside in the freezer for 4 hours – enjoy
Eyeball Cake Pops
1. 100g Madeira cake
2. 100g Oreo cookies
3. 100g milk chocolate melted
4. 200g white chocolate melted
5. Smarties/icing pens
1. In a food processor, combine the cake, cookies and milk chocolate and blend
2. Tip the mixture into a bowl and using your hands roll into around 10 equal sized balls – chill for around 2 hours
3. Push a wooden skewer into the base of each cake ball and cover each completely in white chocolate
4. Stand the cake pops in either the base of a pumpkin or squash and press a Smartie in to the centre whilst the chocolate is still wet
5. Chill in the fridge until the chocolate has set – before serving decorate the cake pops using icing pens for an eye ball effect
Silhouette lamp – A super simple way to add Halloween in to your home. Cut out your desired shape on to black paper and using double sided cello tape attach to the inside of your lamp (ensuring they are well away from the bulb)! Turn on the lamp for a cool and eerie look!
Visit us on Facebook or Twitter to let us know what you’re decorating your house with this Halloween!